Perks That Might Be Hiding in Your Credit Cards
When we think of getting benefits from using Credit Cards, the first thing which comes to our mind is getting cash back or free flights.
But we can also get unique offers which are hidden credit card benefits outside their traditional rewards programs, perks which can save the time and money of the cardholders. Most of the time, the benefits are offered for simply having the card – no purchase required.
Even the Credit Cards marketplace has become so competitive that even banks are trying to bend over backward to keep their customers and attract new ones. And out of the box perks are what they are doing to stand out.
The key to these benefits knows you have them in the first place. To know about the hidden credit card benefits of yours, search online for the current agreement of your Credit Cards and see whether you can enjoy any of these benefits which are mention below:
- Travel accident insurance: Among the travel rewards cards, Credit Cards have perks to cover you and your family in case you face accidental death and dismemberment when traveling by airplane, train, boat, or bus – but when the fare is paid by the credit card.
- Trip cancellation/interruption insurance: Maybe you have not heard of travel perk in cancellation insurance, which reimburses you for prepaid, non refundable travel expenses if your trip is canceled or cut short by any issues, it may be because of sickness, weather etc. this includes passengers fares, tours, and hotels, and there’s typically a maximum reimbursement amount. All the benefits you will only get when you are using Credit Cards.
- Refund protection: if a store is not acceptable to take the return of your unused purchased item then many Credit Cards will refund the sale.
- Purchase protection: Maybe you have damaged or destroyed an item which you have purchased from Credit Cards. Many issuers will replace or will do the repair of the recent purchase but only up to a certain amount and maximum amount per cardholder. So for this check your agreement for details.
- Online shopping protection: Don’t worry about the data breaches at online retailers. Some Credit Cards provides an additional layer of protection when you use temporary credit card numbers to complete online transactions. By doing this your real card number will be safe.
- Cell phone protection: If you got a cracked phone then get it fixed on your credit card issuer’s dime. If you have purchased it by Credit Cards then also there are many benefits that you can enjoy.
- Free credit score: This perk is becoming more and more prevalent. Many Credit cards will include your FICO credit score with your monthly statement. These scores will help you to get approved for a new loan. So it pays to know where you stand.
You can be first to leave a comment